frequently asked questions
DOES THIS PRODUCT REMOVE SURFACE HAIR?
The product does contain an ingredient which dissolves the surface hair, although this is not the main function of the product. Don’t be alarmed If after an application, there are remaining hairs, the GSF:2.0 has already penetrated through the surface hair to the 2 nd and 3 rd hair, starving the follicle of nourishment, which gives permanent results.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL I NEED BEFORE THE HAIR GROWTH STOPS COMPLETELY?
Weekly applications up to the point where the hair growth stops. This could take between 4 to 6 months.
IS IT SUITABLE FOR ALL SKIN TYPES and WILL I GET A RASH?
Yes. In some cases it is normal to experience redness or a slight rash on completion of application. This is normal. There is stimulation in this area and it is an inflammatory response. These effects will disappear within half an hour. Not suitable for person on scheduled medications like Roaccutane or any medication that can cause irritation or thinning of the skin.
CAN I USE MY USUAL SKINCARE PRODUCTS AFTER APPLICATION OF THIS PRODUCT?
Wait for at least half an hour before applying any cream, serums, or shaving cream. Do not apply any active ingredients like Vitamin A and Vitamin C for at least 12 hours of Hair Free application.
HOW DOES HAIR FREE WORK?
Hair Free reacts with the matrix bulb at the base of the hair follicle. The effect is like replicating the process of male pattern baldness. Hair Free reduces the concentration of nutrients at the base of the follicle – the place where hair growth starts. This causes miniaturization of the root so that the hair becomes progressively thinner and softer. With continual use, the hair ceases to grow and the result is a smooth hair-free skin.
HOW LONG BEFORE MY HAIR STARTS TO GROW BACK AFTER EVERY APPLICATION?
Hair Free will neutralize hair roots and prevent growth for the same period as you would achieve with Laser Hair Removal. Growth of new hair is reduced every time you use Hair Free. You should notice reduction and density of hairs on the skin after approximately the fourth application. Hair grows back thinner and slower each time.
IS IT SAFE TO USE?
The active ingredients in Hair Free have been dermatologically tested and proven to be safe when used as directed. Ingredients are FDA approved and have not resulted in any known side-effects. A small number of users may experience slight stinging and itching if the product is left on the skin for more than the instructed time period.
IS IT PAINFUL OR UNCOMFORTABLE TO USE?
Some users may experience a tingling sensation when the product is applied, but within a few minutes, as soon as the product is wiped off the skin, this will subside.
ARE THERE ANY SENSITIVE AREAS TO AVOID?
The key areas to exercise special caution when using Hair Free are the genital areas, eyes, nipples and any mucous membranes. Do not use on nipples or vaginal membrane but only on surrounding skin.
DOES HAIR FREE WORK ON BLOND AND GREY HAIR?
Hair Free works on all kinds of hair, blond to black, straight or curly, fine or course. Hair Free will react with all colors and all types of hair.
Please follow the guidelines and instructions on the packaging.
Make sure that the area you are treating is clear of any surface oils, creams, lotion and serums to allow optimum penetration of the active ingredients.
Remember that after 5 minutes the active ingredients have done their part, and travelled to the root of the hair, via the hair shaft.
After Hair Free has been applied and left for the desired time period, remove the product with a dry towel or cloth by rubbing gently in a circular motion.
Remember to NOT apply any creams, serums or lotions containing actives like Vitamin A and Vitamin C after application.
If you feel the necessity to shave after application, we suggest that you apply the Hair Free Product in the evening, and that you shave the next morning.
DO’s & Don’ts
- Do ensure that your skin is clean, dry and free from surface oil and creams, lotions or serums, before applying Hair Free.
- Do a small test patch before applying Hair Free if you have sensitive skin and check the results to see if there is any adverse reaction.
- Do apply a visible amount of Hair Free on to the surface of the skin. Do not rub it in as if were a lotion.
- Do apply Hair Free to skin which has short hair growth of 1mm to 2mm, this is so that the active ingredients can adhere to the hair shaft and neutralize the root.
- Do wait for 5 to 7 days before your next application of Hair Free. Hairs in the Anagen Growth Phase will continue to grow and so require further treatment.
- Do use Hair Free on your private parts but ensure the cream does not come into contact with sensitive membrane areas.
- Don’t shave, wax or remove hair before applying Hair Free. The product needs the hair to treat the hair root.
- Don’t rub the cream into your skin. Spread evenly using the spatula using light pressure.
- Don’t touch your hair if you have Hair Free on your hands as this could inhibit hair growth in other areas.
- Don’t leave on your skin for more than 10 minutes.
- Don’t use Hair Free if you have a skin rash or on irritated, sunburned, inflamed or broken skin.
- Don’t use Hair Free anywhere near your eyes, eyebrows or inside your nose.
- Don’t apply Hair Free within 14 days of receiving Hair Removal Laser Treatment.